Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Red, White and Blue -- A Patriotic Summer

I will be posting some treasures that center around a "patriotic" theme for our summer fun.  A few days ago my friend Renie Gile at "JustASecond Antiques" on Main Street asked me to help her get set up for the holiday. I created this burlap banner for her shop. It turned out really nice. It is 17 feet long and is made up of individual triangle flags onto which I've stenciled a letter. It says "God Bless America". Because Renie's shop is tiny we had to string it around the ceiling. I think the whole effect is really nice with the red and blue chandeliers in the ceiling and the nicely made birdhouse too.


Renie's blog is found at http://www.justasecondbuzz.blogspot.com/.  You can see the other red, white and blue vintage and new decorative items there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment